Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Favorite Characters In Books

A fantastic meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

Ok, so, character development has always been a HUGE thing for me.  If I don't love the characters, forget about it.  I have to at least kind of like them.  And if I don't love them, then I have to grow to love them, or else it's a downer.  Thus, my reason for liking this week's theme. :)



1.  Dustfinger.  If I could be one character in any book in all of literature...it would be Roxanne, Dustfinger's wife.  Yeah,  you heard me.  He's that amazing.  I'm trying to think of words to say that would describe my love for him, but alas I cannot.  He's just.....OMIGOSH I LOVE HIM.

2.  JARED.  Laura @ A Work of Fiction and I, when we are talking to each other, ALWAYS capitalize his name.  He's so wonderful and sacrificial and amazing and loves so completely and is so freaking smart (how does he do it?!) and just makes me melt inside.

3.  PEEEEETTTTAAAAAAA.  No.  I can't describe.  Just...yeah.  I have very strong feelings for him.  (Perfectly good ones, thank you very much.)  One cannot be more amazing than Peeta.  End of story.

4.  Harry Potter.  He's so indescribably heroic and manly and insanely adorable.


5.  Alex........... :(((((((((((((((((((((( :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD  I'm like roller-coaster bipolar when it comes to Alex's story. Happy/depressed/crying like a maniac/beaming like the sun.  Back and forth, back and forth, sometimes two at the same time, sometimes everything at the same time.

6.  Andre-Louis Moreau.  GASP!!!  This man!!  That's what he is.  A manly man.  A geniusly wonderful one at that.  I can't get enough of him EVER.  He will always be a faaaavorite.  EVER.

7.  Any character from any of N. D. Wilson's marvelous books.  I can't choose one so they all count.


8.  Percy Jackson.  How can anyone NOT love him?  With his loyalty and love and wonderfulness that exceeds description and full understand.

9.  Sydney Carton.  I love this man and his story so inexplicably much.  It makes me cry EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.


10.  Samantha Kingston, Prince Myshkin, and William Monk.  These characters are COMPLETELY different in EVERY way but since I want them all to be included but can't decide between them....well, yeah.  Here it is.  They have to be smooshed.  Sam, because of the INCREDIBLE change in her.  Myshkin, because Ohhhmygosh he makes his story the brilliant lovely thing that it is.  And William Monk because I've never seen a detective like him and I just want him to REMEMBER gosh darn it!!


What are YOUR top ten favorite characters??  Link me in the comments!  I'd love to comment on your lists as well! :D

7 comments:

  1. I was squealing at 1,3,and 7! And probably the only reason I wasn't on the others is that I haven't read them yet! :) I need to read the Ink series again!! (I mean like, RIGHT NOW!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESYESYES!! :D  Ink series needs a re-read as SOON as I can clear my schedule...  I love those books so much....so, so, soooo much. :D
    Thanks for the comment dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the Inkheart series, yet but they sound really good. Love, love, love Peeta!!  You have some great picks in your top ten!

    Here is my Top Ten. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dustfinger was my favourite of all Funke's characters :) 

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list and I love Percy and Harry also I like Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamanater Morgan28April 25, 2012 at 6:54 AM

    Could you please list on order the books they are from? I mean, I know OF COURSE who Peeta is :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamanater Morgan28April 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM

    could you list the books  they are from? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete